The durable Intel Classmate PC goes convertible with swivel-top display…
The Intel Learning Series is designed and built specifically for education. At the heart of the Intel LearningSeries is the Intel-powered classmate PC – a purpose-built netbook with full PC functionality, designed especially for students. And the newest addition to the Learning Series comes in the form of the Intel–powered ‘Convertible’ Classmate PC.
Intel Convertible Classmate PC Financed
Intel Convertible Classmate PC Key Features
Intel-powered convertible classmate PCs are part of the Intel Learning Series, offering a cost-effective, end-to-end solution developed in collaboration with local manufacturers and brought to market by an extensive network of local OEM vendors.
Intel Convertible Classmate Netbook
In developing the Intel Learning Series, Intel has taken a measured and thoughtful approach to understanding the real needs of education.
The Intel-powered convertible classmate PC is not a device born in a lab, but rather purposely conceived through long, close ethnographic research carried out in classrooms around the world. Intel researchers traveled to schools and spent time living with and observing the interactions between students, their peers and siblings, teachers, parents, and school administrators.
Intel Convertible Classmate PC/Netbook
The ongoing research that Intel undertakes starts at the level of early learners and their real needs in education, but it doesn’t stop there. Intel researchers also work closely with school administrators, ministers of education, and the local equipment manufacturers, who will build and eventually deliver these purpose-built netbooks, to understand their perspectives, in a design process that continuously connects back with education users and experts.
- Swiveling touch screen and tablet mode meets the needs of young, mobile learners
- Integrated handle and tablet form factor supports mobility in and out of the classroom, encouraging collaboration and sharing of work with peers and teachers
- Palm-resting feature ignores the touch of hands resting on the screen, allowing students to write and draw naturally
- Built-in rotating camera presents students with new ways to input and interact with their world
Software Optimized for Education
Intel researchers look at what children are doing in real classrooms around the world; how they move around the classroom; the ways they communicate with each other; how they browse the Web, how they learn; how they listen; and what they watch. All of this influences the software that Intel chooses or creates to meet young learners’ needs.
The enhanced software is easily accessed from the application launcher and provides the basics for managing the device and meeting each student’s needs, including:
Intel Convertible Classmate Softwares
- Camera application
- Note-taking and painting-drawing applications
- Pen-input support
Easy System Management
Easy-to-use system management:
- User-friendly network manager
- Power manager
- Backup and restore utility
Supporting 1:1 learning with:
- Easy classroom management
- Access management
- Asset management
- System backup and restore
- Patching and upgrade
- Deployment panel
Meeting the Real Needs of Education
Innovative Intel-powered classmate PCs are actual PCs, built on reliable Intel architecture. These netbooks are part of the Intel Learning Series, an education solution that includes hardware, software, accessories, services, and content developed in collaboration with a wide network of providers.
Design and development are based on comprehensive ethnographic and human factors research conducted in real-use situations, tested and refined to support different social, cultural, and contextual environments.
Education Policy Makers and School Administrators
Classmate For School Admin
- Pre-loaded with education focused software
- Runs hundreds of mainstream popular applications
- Can withstand everyday use, with durable construction, sturdy plastic cases, handles, water-resistant keyboards; capable of withstanding a drop from 50cm
- Cost-effective; works easily and reliably with the other hardware and software in the Intel Learning Series
Classmate For Parents
- Education-specific features and software are designed to help your child learn
- Internet filtering ensures your child will be able to safely and easily explore the Internet
- Water-resistant keyboard
- Durable construction and outer case, built to withstand a drop from 50cm
- The child-friendly design is fun to use and easy to carry
Classmate For Teachers
- Classroom management software on classmate PCs supports interactive individualized learning
- Advanced palm-resting technology lets children use full-hand support when writing or drawing in tablet mode
- Screen swivels 180 degrees; easy sharing
- Lightweight and compact, perfect for child-size hands, small desks, and various classroom configurations
Classmate For Students
- Touch screen makes it easy and fun to learn
- Stylus makes it possible to write and draw directly on screen
- Built-in camera rotates 180 degrees
- Can be used as a tablet or a traditional laptop
- Processor: Intel Atom Processor N270 at 1.6GHz
- Chipset: Intel 945GSE
- Memory: 1GB/512MB
- Storage Device: 16G/8G/4G Flash or 1.8″ HDD
- LCD:8.9″ 1024 x 600 touch screen, Convertible: traditional or touch-optimized tablet mode, Palm-resting feature allows students to write and draw comfortably.
- Keyboard/Touch Pad: Water-resistant keyboard, Touch pad (integrated vertical scrolling)
- Built-in 1.3Mpx Rotating Camera: 30fps (640 x 480) 1.3MP
- Accelerometer (motion sensor): Tilt the Intel-powered convertible classmate PC, and the display switches smoothly from portrait to landscape
- Handle: Integrated to support micromobility in the classroom
- System I/O: Two USB 2.0 ports, SDHC SD card slot, VGA port
- LAN/ WLAN: 10/100M Ethernet 802.11b/g/n WLAN Mesh support (Linux* only)
- Security: 802.1x, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK
- Battery: 6-cell battery (6 hours)** or 4-cell battery (4 hours)
- Custom Mini-Chassis: Size including handle: 241.3mm x (26.0–39.5mm) x 215.5mm
- Weight: 1.25–1.45Kg