The Cintiq 21UX, newly redesigned for even more comfort, control and productivity…
The combination of a color LCD with industry-leading pen input capabilities allows photographers, designers, animators and other creative professionals to work naturally and intuitively directly on the surface of the large-format, 21.3″ screen.
The new Cintiq 21UX detects 2048 levels of pressure, giving you even more control over pressure-sensitive pen effects such as line weight, opacity, and exposure. With Wacom’s new Tip Sensor, the pen now features a lower activation force that captures even the most subtle nuances of pressure.
Wacom Cintiq 21UX Interactive Pen Display
Cintiq 21UX Interactive Pen Display Key Features
Featuring Wacom’s new Tip Sensor, Cintiq 21UX now captures the slightest nuance of pen pressure, starting with as little as a single gram of force.
Working Under Pressure
Working Under Pressure
With 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, you’ll feel just like you’re working with a traditional paintbrush, marker, pen or pencil. Dynamically adjust exposure, brush size and line weight simply by varying the pressure of the pen on the screen.
At Your Fingertips
At Your Fingertips
All 16 ExpressKeys are customizable, giving you handy access to application-specific keyboard shortcuts and modifiers. The Show Settings key displays your current key settings on-screen.
Touch and Go
Touch And Go
Two rear-mounted, finger-sensitive Touch Strips, along with two Touch Strip Toggle buttons speed your workflow and let you comfortably control up to four functions (including zoom, scroll, brush size and canvas rotation) in each of your software applications.
Change Your Point of View
Change Your Point Of View
In addition to reclining, the Cintiq 21UX freely rotates up to 180° in either direction to accommodate your arm’s natural drawing movements, or to quickly change your viewing angle.
Reclines for Comfort
Reclines For Comfort
The Cintiq 21UX reclines from 10° to 65°, allowing you to find your most comfortable working position. The Cintiq 21UX can also easily be removed from the stand and laid flat on a tabletop or mounted on an articulating arm (not included).
Big and Beautiful
Big And Beautiful
The large, stylish 21.3″ display with its 1600 x 1200 pixel resolution, delivers both a high-quality visual experience and plenty of room to edit, design and create. Color calibrate the Cintiq to match other displays, as well as your output or printing process.
Switches, Where You Want Them
Swtiches Where You Want Them
User-defined switches are preset to “right-click” and “double-click”, or can be set to your most commonly- used functions
The Cintiq 21UX Grip Pen features a new contoured barrel designed to minimize grip effort, reduce stress to your hand and wrist, and otherwise emulate the feel of your favorite writing instrument.
The Cintiq 21UX combines two powerful tools in one—an extra large professional pen tablet and a high-quality, color-accurate graphics monitor. The result is a tool that helps you work faster and more naturally.
The new pen stand not only functions as a convenient pen holder, but also provides a handy twist-off storage compartment containing pen nibs and a pen nib removal tool.
To complement your Cintiq, choose from a variety of accessories, including alternate pens such as the Art Pen, Airbrush or Classic Pen, as well as pen nibs and other replacement parts.
Cintiq 21UX Control
- With a 21.3″ TFT display area, you have more room to use the pen directly on screen. This allows you to take advantage of natural hand-eye coordination and provides the feel of natural media, but with all the benefits of a completely digital workflow.
- With Wacom’s new pen tip sensor and 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity the Cintiq 21UX gives you superior control over your workflow and allows you to control your software tools by changing how hard you press the pen tip on the screen.
- The Cintiq Grip Pen has programmable side switches that allow you to program your most common actions into the pen itself. For ultimate control, the pen comes with three different nibs that allow you to get the feel you’re looking for:
- Standard Nib for the right balance of control and longevity for extensive everyday use.
- Stroke Nib that includes a dual-action spring to simulate a natural brush-like feel.
- Felt Nib to replicate the sensation of using a felt-tip marker by creating just the right amount of surface friction.
- Sixteen programmable ExpressKeys provide quick access to modifier keys, keyboard shortcuts, and pop-up menus.
- Two finger-sensitive Touch Strips serve as natural ways to control up to 4 different functions per application such as zooming, scrolling, brush size and canvas rotation.
Cintiq 21UX Comfort
- The Cintiq 21UX has a completely flat surface edge-to-edge to allow the pen and hand to glide over the entire surface comfortably. This means that artists and designers can use guides and drawing tools such as French curves, protractors, rulers, and templates directly on the Cintiq 21UX surface.
- The second-generation Cintiq 21UX has a durable, textured glass surface. The LCD itself has been structured to eliminate any screen distortion when the pen tip is pressed against the surface. The result is an incredibly natural and intuitive experience.
- Rotate your display 180° in either direction to suit your natural arm movements, or recline the stand from 10 to 65°. Rear roller feet make the incline adjustments easy, while locking handles ensure that the display stays in your selected position.
- The Cintiq Grip Pen has a contoured, cushioned barrel to reduce grip effort by 40 percent and offers an alternative to a mouse that can help reduce repetitive motion-related stress on your hand and wrist when spending long hours on a computer.
Cintiq 21UX Productivity
- Many Cintiq customers state that working directly on screen boosts productivity by 100% or more.
- Intuitive to use and quick to assimilate into your workflow.
- The Cintiq 21UX gives you control and precision over your work and helps you speed production in your digital workflow.
- Use both hands at the same time for greater speed and efficiency by combining pen input with ExpressKeys and Touch Strips.
- Compatible with both Mac and PC platforms, the Cintiq 21UX gives you ultimate control of our configuration, working seamlessly with your existing mouse, a Cintiq 12WX, or any Wacom tablet, and can be installed as a single monitor or as part of a multi-monitor combination.
Cintiq 21UX Performance
- Premium 21.3″ TFT active matrix LCD display with UXGA (1600 x 1200) resolution.
- Patented professional pen technology with 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity and a resolution of 5080 lines per inch for enhanced workflow. Electromagnetic resonance powers the pen via induction and radio frequencies to communicate data from the pen to the tablet sensor for outstanding accuracy and responsiveness.
- Cintiq employs standard connection options to work with all primary platforms (USB for pen input; DVI or VGA for video).
- Tablet driver software allows you to create universal settings for your display or alter your settings by application for maximum productivity. Personalize the way your pen feels, access your favorite keystroke combinations and optimize your work environment with flexible mapping.
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Screen size: 21.3″ diagonal (541 mm)
- Display area: 17″ x 12.75″ (431.8mm x 323.9mm)
- Native resolution: UXGA (1600 x 1200 pixels)
- Total pixels: 1,920,000
- Number of colors: 16.7 million
- Pixel pitch: 0.27 mm x 0.27 mm
- Brightness: 200 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: 550:1
- Viewing angle: 85°/85° H, 85°/85° V
- Color management: ICC profile, 6500° K whitepoint default
- Color management control: DDC/CI
- Data Port: USB
- Graphics Input: Analog RGB (HD 15pin) or digital DVI (29 pin)
- Display Connector: DVI-I
- Display adapters included: DVI-I to VGA, DVI-I to DVI-D, 2-meter cables, no adapters necessary
- Stand Adjustability: 10° to 65° incline
- Rotation: 180°
- Mounting hole pattern: VESA 100mm
- Power supply input: 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz
- Power supply output: 12 VDC 6.67A
- Physical Size: 22.1″ W x 16.6″ H x 1.9″ D (561.0 mm x 421.0 mm x 47.8 mm)
- Weight: 22.4 lb with stand (10.2 kg)
- Warranty: 2 years (USA and Canada)