Panasonic Viera 54” TC-P54VT25 3D 1080p Plasma HDTV...
Step into the 3D World. The VIERA VT25 Series Full HD 3D Plasmas create an all new viewing experience by putting you inside the action and creating a new world of TV viewing realism. To learn more about Panasonic’s Full HD 3D technology.
- Full HD 3D puts you inside the action and creates a new world of TV viewing realism
- Infinite Black Panel Pro – New filter technology produces deep blacks and vivid images with minimal reflection
- VIERA Cast WiFi w/ VideoPhone Capabilities – Enjoy great web entertainment and cutting-edge communication on your HDTV
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
Panasonic TC-54VT25 3D Plasma HDTV Financed
Panasonic Viera TC-P54VT25 Key Features
First was color, then HD
Now get ready for the third wave – Full HD 3D
Full HD 3D
Tremendous developments have driven TV technologies from the 20th century until today. Among them, color TV and high definition (HD) TV were two major advances. Progress was achieved in recording media as well, from tape to DVD, and then to Blu-ray Disc, with Panasonic constantly leading the way in both TV technologies and recording media. Now, Panasonic presents a third breakthrough in the form of Full HD 3D – and totally redefines image realism – with advanced image technologies that aim to bring more lifelike viewing experiences to us all.
Frame Sequential Technology
Full HD Signals for Each Eye
Frame Sequnetial Technology
The technology in which the left-eye and right-eye 3D images are sent to the viewer is key to the 3D image quality. For this, Full HD 3D uses something called Frame Sequential technology. First, the plasma display panel, which has a number of inherent advantages for moving picture resolution, was further advanced to allow images for each of the left and right eyes to be alternately reproduced at the rate of 60 frames per second (fps), making a total fps for both eyes. Viewers watch the images through high-precision 3D Eyewear, which open and close the left and right shutters in synchronization with the alternating images. As a result, a separate 1920 x 1080 full-HD image is sent to each eye. This addresses the image quality problems and blurring that were common to previous 3D systems, and creates sharp, crisp 3D images. * Included with each VIERA 3DTV is one pair of 3D Eyewear necessary to view the 3D content. To share this experience with others, additional 3D Eyewear may be purchased separately.
High-speed 3D Drive Technology
Greater Beauty for Both 2D and 3D Images
High-Speed 3D Drive
The Frame Sequential technology of Full HD 3D requires the images to be displayed at 1/120 of a second, which is twice as fast as ordinary full-HD images. If the luminescence time for each frame were simply shortened, the screen brightness would be lowered. To solve this problem, the luminescence time was shortened and the luminescence intensity was raised, which made it possible to produce bright, crisp 3D images.
High-Precision Shutter Control Sends Clear Images to Each Eye
3D Eye Wear
Highly precise control completely closes the shutters for both eyes at the instant that the images change for the left and right eyes. This masks unwanted afterimages to enable clear and comfortable 3D viewing.
* Included with each VIERA 3DTV is one pair of 3D Eyewear necessary to view the 3D content. To share this experience with others, additional 3D Eyewear may be purchased separately.
Infinite Black Panel Pro
Rich, Detailed Blacks
Infinite Black Comparison
With Infinite Black Panel Pro, VIERA HDTVs are able to display extremely robust blacks. A new panel and improvements to the cell discharge area dramatically increase contrast when viewing in brightly lit locations. And reducing the electrical pre-discharge that causes graying has greatly enhanced black gradation. As a result, deep, rich blacks are displayed in virtually any viewing area, from living rooms to bedrooms. Even in dark film scenes, clothing textures and individual strands of hair are clearly.
Enjoy great web entertainment and home video conferencing
VIERA Cast’s assorted online content just keeps getting better – in addition to the popular contents such as YouTube and Picasa Web Albums, it now offers Pandora Internet Radio, movies streamed from Netflix, exciting sports from FOX Sports, tweeting web communications with Twitter, and even home video and audio conferencing with Skype. It also provides USB terminals for a keyboard and Wireless LAN Adaptor. No PC required.
*Skype function requires an optional communication camera TY-CC10.
Skype on Your VIERA TV
VIERA Cast’s addition of Skype makes it possible for people around the world to connect and communicate through voice and video calls from the comfort of their own living room on VIERA’s large screen.
THX Certified Display
Real film experience
THX reproduces film images as the filmmakers intended them. The overall aim was to improve the experience of cinema-goers and faithfully recreate the audio and visual ambience that filmmakers intended. To receive THX certification, TVs undergo stringent tests to determine, for example, whether the exact same brightness and color are displayed at all screen locations, and whether black levels satisfy standard criteria. VIERA meets the high standards set by the THX Certified Display Program.
600Hz Sub-field Drive
Crisp, clear moving pictures
600Hz Sub-Field Drive
600Hz technology lets you view superb full-HD motion and still images with 1,080 lines of resolution. For even greater clarity with motion images, Panasonic uses its own unique image-analysis technology. This technology converts the motion in each scene into dots. And each frame is practically displayed for a shorter length of time than in previous systems, to reduce aftereffects.
Operation with a single remote
VIERA Link allows interconnected operation of various AV devices using only the VIERA remote control, by simply connecting compatible devices to each other by an HDMI cable.
Crosstalk Reduction Technology
Clear 3D Display with Minimal Afterimage
The Frame Sequential technology shortens the luminescence time for each frame. If the pixel afterglow remains unchanged, the previous image will remain as an afterimage when the next image is produced. Newly developed fast-decay R and G phosphors reduce the afterimage time to 1/3, to create crisp 3D images with no visible afterimage.
- Model Type: Plasma
- Series: VT25
- Model Year: 2010
- Screen Size: 54″ Class (54.1″ diagonal)
- Contrast Ratio: Infinite Black Pro/5,000,000:1 Native
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Native Resolution (Number of Pixels):2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Moving Picture Resolution: 1080 lines
- Shades of Gradation: 6,144 equivalent
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p): Yes
- EDTV Display Capability (480p): Yes
- Aspect Control: Normal, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes, 4:3, Full for PC mode
- Full HD 3D: Yes
- AR (Anti-Reflective) Filter: Yes
- 600Hz Sub-field Drive: Yes
- 24p Cinematic Playback: Yes
- 24p Playback(2:3): Yes
- Deep Color: Yes
- x.v.Color: Yes
- Pro Setting: Yes
- THX Mode: Yes
- ISFccc: Yes
- 3D Color Management: Yes
- Sub Pixel Control: Yes
- Motion Pattern Noise Reduction: Yes
- 600 Hz Sub-field Drive: Yes
- Speakers: Woofer x 1, Full-range x 2 (L, R)
- Number of Speakers: 3
- Audio Output: 30 W (10% THD)
- BBE VIVA HD3D Sound: Yes
- Surround Sound: Yes
INPUTS & JACKS
- Integrated ATSC Tuner: Yes
- VIERA Image Viewer: Y (AVCHD/MPEG2/JPEG Playback)
- HDMI Input: 4 (1 side)
- Composite Video Input: 2 (1 side)
- Audio Input (for Video): 2 (1 side)
- PC Input: D-sub 15-pin x 1 (side)
- Component Video Inputs (Y, PB, PR): 2
- Audio Input (for Component Video): 2
- RS232C: 1
- Digital Audio Output: 1
- HDMI Input-Support Feature: Audio Return Channel (Input 1) / 3D Input (All)
- Analog Audio Input ( for HDMI/DVI): Yes
- USB: 2
- LAN Port: 1
- VIERA Link: Y (with Network Camera)
- VIERA Cast (IPTV): Yes
- Skype Read: Yes
- VIERA Tools: Yes
- Game Mode: Yes
- 3D Active Shutter Eyewear: 1 included
- Clean Touch Bezel: No
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention): Yes
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder: Yes
- Off – Timers: Yes
- Trilingual Menu: English/Spanish/French
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60Hz
- On Mode Average Power Consumption: 159.0 W
- Energy Star: Yes
- Receiving System: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Operating Temperature: 32°F – 104°F (0°C – 40°C)
- Safety Standard: UL6500/C-UL
- Swivel Angle: No
- Optional Wall-mounting Bracket: TY-WK5P1RW
Weight and Dimensions
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with Stand: 34.8″ x 52.0″ x 15.3″
- Dimensions (H x W x D) without Stand: 32.9″ x 52.0″ x 3.6″
- Weight (lbs.) w/Stand: 73.9 lbs.
- Weight (lbs.) without Stand: 67.2 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions: 36.9″ x 57.6″ x 13.1″
- Gross Weight [lbs (kg)]: 90.4 lbs. (41.0 kg)