Sony Cybershot HX30V; 18.2MP CMOS Sensor, Full HD Video and Built-in Wi-Fi...
With an impressive 40x Clear Image digital zoom, faraway subjects are never out of reach with this Cyber-shot HX30V camera. Just zoom in and click away—your photos and Full HD videos will sparkle with deliciously detailed richness and clarity thanks to high-performance features like an 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor, in-camera image stabilization and high speed auto focus. And with built-in Wi-Fi, you can share your shots instantly with friends, family, Facebook and more.
Sony Cybershot HX30 Digital Camera
Sony Cybershot HX30 Key Features
With an 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor, capture high-resolution images that take full advantage of the camera’s quality Sony G lens. More pixels means you can enlarge, zoom in and crop your photos without losing detail. Advanced processing technology reduces noise and graininess for incredibly crisp, clear images—even in challenging low-light conditions.
Focusing is faster than ever thanks to the collaboration of four technologies: an advanced Sony G lens, Exmor R CMOS sensor, a newly-developed BIONZ® image processor and optimized focus processing. The result? Tack-sharp focus in as little as 0.1 seconds, so you never miss a shot.
40x Clear Image Zoom
40x Clear Image Zoom
Zoom in close for great travel, sports and wildlife photos. The HX30V boasts 20x optical zoom plus 40x Clear Image digital zoom technology to bring you near enough to capture distant details. Powerful By Pixel Super Resolution processing reduces graininess for crisper, more realistic, higher-quality images—even in close-ups.
Amazing HD Movies
Record crystal-clear movies at the highest resolution available with Full HD 1080/60p AVCHD video capture1. Stunning, fast motion video with reduced distortion looks great when played back on your HDTV2. Notice a perfect photo opp while shooting video? With dual record of stills and movies, you can shoot both at the same time.
Say Goodbye to Blur
Say Goodbye To Blur
Don’t let a not-so-steady hand prevent you from capturing the moment. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for camera shake by countering camera movements in both horizontal and vertical directions. Get sharp, blur-free footage in otherwise unsteady situations, like shooting video while walking.
Share Instantly with Wi-Fi
Share Instantly With Wireless
Don’t wait days to share photos with your friends. With built-in Wi-Fi, you can share your shots instantly with the PlayMemories Mobile app. Upload pictures and videos to social media sites via your Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone or tablet, back up images on a network-connected PC or view content on your compatible TV. It’s fun and easy.
Sony Cybershot HX30 Additional Features
18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor
The 18.2MP Exmor R CMOS sensor captures ultra-high definition images that take full advantage of the camera’s sharp Sony G lens. The sensor enables advanced processing that reduces noise levels up to 6 times more than other sensors, resulting in stunning low light images with incredible details.
Full HD 1080/60p
Record crystal clear movies at the highest resolution available with capabilities for 60p in 1080 AVCHD video. This provides stunning, fast motion video with less distortion for playback on your HD TV.2 With dual record of stills and movies, you can shoot both at the same time.
GPS and Compass
GPS and compass record location data and camera direction as you shoot movies and photos. GPS Log lets users track a photographic journey and later view the path and images on a map. Map View in “PlayMemories Home” software, allows users to view images on a map showing where they were taken. The logged path and images can also be displayed on Google Earth.
Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Select camera models have up to nine different effects.
Superior Auto mode
Get cleaner, more dynamic pictures and fewer missed shots. The camera automatically recognizes the correct scene mode, then quickly shoots and combines up to six shots to produce images with greater clarity, optimum dynamic range using Backlight Correction HDR technology and lower image noise using 6 shots layering technology. Superior Auto intelligently detects 33 scenes for still images and 44 scenes for movies, making it easy to get the best shot.
It’s frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. The Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don’t capture colors the way the eye sees them.. Natural Flash controls the white balance of both the background and main subjects.
Optical zoom plus Clear image zoom
Most digital zooms use electronic cropping to get closer to the subject, resulting in unsharp images. With Clear Image Zoom the powerful processor compares patterns found in adjacent pixels and creates new pixels to match selected patterns, resulting in more realistic, higher-quality images. Clear Image Zoom doubles optical zoom for closer photos.
WiFi lets you quickly upload photos and videos directly to social media sites, back them up on a network-connected PC, or view them on a large screen TV. WiFi-enabled smartphones and tablets can also pull images from your camera and upload them to social media.
3D Still Image and 3D Sweep Panorama mode
Produce awe-inspiring images with 3D Still Image and 3D Sweep Panorama capabilities.3 Photos will take on a new dimension of creative capabilities for viewing the world in a whole new way.
DSLR photographs are often beautiful because they blur the background, putting the emphasis on the subject. Now our point-and-shoot cameras can deliver this signature DSLR benefit. The system takes two shots, identifies the background and applies a defocused background keeping the subject crisp and clear.
Smile Shutter technology
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
Intelligent Scene Recognition Mode
Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects 33 different types of scenes and selects the appropriate camera settings. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
Sweep Multi Angle mode
In Sweep Multi Angle mode, the camera takes 15 images at different angles as it sweeps across the scene. By tilting the camera during playback, the camera’s Gyro Sensor detects motion and displays the image in a 3D-like view on the camera’s LCD.
High speed AF
To improve focusing speed and sensitivity, the Exmor R CMOS sensor uses its rapid throughput to deliver high-quality image signals to the camera’s BIONZ processor. The result is fast, DSLR-like focusing speeds, even in low light.
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with 3-way Active Mode
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization reduces shake and blur by countering camera movements in both horizontal and vertical directions. Active 3-Way stabilization adds digital rolling control that counters clockwise and anti-clockwise rotation, resulting in more stable videos even at long focal lengths.
Capture the decisive moment with up to 10fps
Capture full 18.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that the decisive moment is captured such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, a mechanical shutter helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
Photo Creativity allows you to fine-tune your exposure settings, such as brightness, color, and vividness, and quickly choose the right enhancement for your subject. Now you can view Picture Effects and Photo Creativity effects in real time on the camera’s monitor or in the viewfinder before shooting.
Face Detection technology
Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
Soft Skin mode
Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
Sony Cybershot HX30 Technical Specifications
- Media Type : optional “Memory Stick Duo” (No movie recording), optional “Memory Stick PRO Duo” (Mark 2 only for movie recording), optional “Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo”, optional SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), optional SDHC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), optional SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : Approx. 18.2 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9 : 13M(4,896×2,752) / 2M(1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 4:3 : 18M(4,896×3,672) / 10M(3,648 x 2,736) / 5M(2,592 x 1,944) / VGA
- Panorama Still Image Size : Sweep Panorama:HR(10,480 x 4,096) / Wide(7,152 x 1,080/4,912 x 1,920) / Standard(4,912 x 1,080/3,424 x 1,920)
- Sweep Multi Angle Image Size : 2M (1,920 x 1,080)
- Video Mode : AVCHD 60i:28M PS(1,920×1,080/60p)/24M FX/17M FH(1,920×1,080/60i)/9M HQ(1,440×1,080/60i),MP4:12M(1,440×1,080/30fps)/6M(1,280×720/30fps)/3M VGA(640×480/30fps)
- Photo Capture from Movie : Yes
- Dual Record : Yes
- Audio Format : AC3 (Stereo)
- Microphone/Speaker : Stereo/mono
- Wind Noise Reduction : Off/on
- AF Modes : Multi Point AF / Center Weighted AF / Flexible Spot AF / Manual / Semi Manual / Tracking Focus / Face Tracking Focus
- AF Illuminator : Auto / Off
- Flash Modes : Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Flash Off
- Flash Coverage : ISO Auto: Approx.0.4m to 7.1m(1 feet 3 3/4 inches to 23 feet 3 5/8 inches)(W) / Approx.1.7m to 3.9 m(5feet 7 inches to 12 feet 9 5/8 inches)(T), ISO3200: up to Approx.10.0 m(32 feet 9 3/4 inches)(W) / Approx.5.5 m(18 feet 5/8 inches)(T)
- Memory Card Slot : MS Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC Compatible
- HD Output : Mini HDMI
- USB Port(s) : Micro USB, Hi-Speed USB(USB2.0)
- TransferJet : Send: Yes, Receive: Yes
- Lens Type : Sony G
- Aperture : f 3.2-5.8
- Optical Zoom : 20x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : Still 16:9: 27.5-550mm / Still 4:3: 25-500mm / Movie 16:9: 27.5-550mm(SteadyShot Standard), 28-784mm(SteadyShot Active) / Movie 4:3: 34-680mm(SteadyShot Standard), 35-980mm(SteadyShot Active)
- Lens Construction : 12 elements in 9 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance : iAuto:AF(W:Approx.1cm(0.03′) to Infinity, T:Approx.170cm(5.58′) to Infinity) / Program Auto:AF(W:Approx.1cm(0.03′) to Infinity, T:Approx.170cm(5.58′) to Infinity)
- Aspheric Elements : 4
- Clear Image Zoom : 40x
- Steady Shot Mode:Active : Yes
- Metering Modes : Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation : Plus / Minus 2.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- Scene Mode(s) : High Sensitivity / Soft snap / Soft Skin / Landscape / Night Portrait / Night Scene / Handheld Twilight / Gourmet / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Pet mode /Anti-motion blur / Backlight Correction HDR / Advanced sports shooting
- D-Range Optimizer : Standard
- ISO : Auto / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800
- White Balance Mode : Auto (Intelligent) / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1 (White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash / One Push, One Push Set / White Balance Shift
- Red-Eye Reduction : Auto / On / Off
- Erase/Protect : Erase: Single / Select / Date / Folder / AVCHD, Protect: Single / Select / Date / Folder / AVCHD
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ x 1 3/8″ (106.6 x 61.9 x 34.6mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : 9.0oz (254g)
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only) : 2.7oz (221g)
- Imaging Sensor : 1/2.3″ Exmor® R CMOS Sensor
- Processor : BIONZ®
- Pixel Gross : 18.9MP
- Effective Picture Resolution : 18.2MP
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- LCD Type : 3.0” Xtra Fine LCD™ TruBlack™ display (921K dots)
- Brightness Control : 5(Bright) / 4 / 3(Normal) / 2 / 1(Dark)
- Histogram : Yes
- Grid Display : Yes (Off / On)
- Self-timer : Off / 10sec. / 2sec. / portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds : iAuto(4″ – 1/1600) / Program Auto(1″ – 1/1600) / Manual(30″ – 1/1600)
- Burst Mode : Approx 10 fps at 18.2MP (Maximum 10 shots)
- Anti Motion Blur : Yes
- Sweep Panorama : Intelligent Sweep Panorama / 3D Sweep Panorama
- Face Detection : 8 Faces (Auto / Off / Child Priority / Adult Priority / Key Selected Face Memory)
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Yes
- Image Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot™ with 3-way Active Mode Image Stabilization
- In-Camera Editing : Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking
- Intelligent Auto : Yes
- Shooting Tips : Yes
- Background Defocus : Yes
- Tracking Focus : Off / Auto
- Blink Detection : Yes
- Photo Creativity : Yes
- Picture Effects : HDR Painting / Richtone Monochrome / Miniature / Toy camera / Pop Color / Partial Color / Soft High-key / Watercolor / Illustration
- Battery Type : LITHIUM ION NP-BG1 3.6V
- Battery Capacity : typical:3.4Wh(960mAh), minimum:3.3Wh(910mAh)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : Approx. 1.1W
- Power Requirements : AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 70mA
In the Box
- Micro USB Cable
- Battery (NP-BG1)
- Wrist Strap
- AC Adaptor ACUB10
- Instruction Manual