Panasonic's solid state camcorders with P2 HD card slots, and mini DV for versatile recording media...
Panasonic has bypassed making an HDV camcorder and has gone straight for the jugular by introducing its full bandwidth High Definition camcorder, the AG-HVX200. This versatile prosumer High Definition camcorder packs an array of features into a handheld design. For recording video, the HVX200 includes a Mini DV tape mechanism along with two P2 (Professional Plug-in) card slots.
Panasonic AG-HVX200 Financed
Panasonic AG-HVX200 Camcorder Key Features
- 13X Leica Dicomar zoom lens.
- 1080i/p and 720p and 4:2:2, independent-frame recording.
- Cariable frame rates.
- Advanced 3-CCD progressive imager.
- Reliable fast, file-based workflow.
Wider Angle (13X) Leica Dicomar Zoom Lens
Panasonic AG-HVX200 Solid State Camcorder
The camera’s lens system features a large 82-mm diameter filter including three asperical lenses. With its powerful 13x zoom lens, the camera offers a wide 30mm (35mm equivalent) viewing angle, covering most shooting situations without the need for a wide-angle conversion lens. The lens also features an Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) function that ensures stable images during shooting.
Outstanding P2 HD Reliability and Flexibility, Plus DV Recording
Panasonic Solid State P2 HD Card
Offering the vast advantages of P2HD solid-state acquisition as well as a mini DV tape mechanism for shooting in SD, the HVX200A is ideal for transitioning from an older standard definition, tape-based infrastructure to a file-based, high definition production.
The P2 cards allow for true variable frame rates and recording options that Mini DV tape can’t offer. These include DVCPRO HD 1080/24p and 720/60p, along with normal interlaced video. We think these features are valuable for many different types of projects. If you have a project where compromise isn’t an option, look into the HVX.
With two 32GB P2 cards installed, the camera records for up to 160 minutes in 720/24pN native. It can record up to 64 minutes in other full frame DVCPRO HD formats, 128 minutes in DVCPRO50, 256 minutes in DVCPRO. Recording times double with the upcoming 64GB P2 card.
Variable Frame Rates for Fast- or Slow-Motion Effects
Panasonic AG-HVX200 Digital Camcorder With P2 HD Slot
The HVX200 offers variable frame rate capability, providing the cinematic expression of higher-end cameras like the Panasonic VariCam AJ-HDC27. In 720p mode, the HVX200′s frame rate can be set from 24p/30p to any of 20 steps between 12p and 60p, allowing for undercranking/ overcranking for fast or slow-motion effects in 720P. These effects can be dubbed to a DV tape after recording to offer some unique capabilities in the SD mode.
- Multiple format recording: DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO, DV selectable
- Supports 1080/60i, 1080/24p, 1080/24pA, 1080/30p, 720p/60p, 720/24p (over 60p), 720/30p (over 60p), 720/24pN native, 720/30pN native 480/60i, 480/24p (over 60i), 480/24pA (over 60i), 480/30p (over 60i)
- Uncompressed 4-channel, 16-bit digital audio recording in DVCPRO HD and DVCPRO50
- Eight Gamma settings for various shooting scenarios, including News Gamma and Cine-Like gamma for recordings that capture the warm tones of film
- Advanced image adjustments include color matrix, detail, chroma phase, color temp, knee points
- Cam-driven manual zoom, large manual iris control, focus assist, gain, two ND filters (1/8th and 1/64th) as well as slow, synchro and high-speed shutter
- A 3.5″ LCD monitor allows thumbnail display of footage and a large electronic viewfinder can show peaking for easier focusing
- A multitude of recording functions including pre-record (to capture moments that occur right before the start button is pressed), hot-swapping, shot-marking, loop recording, interval and one-shot recording for stop-motion and effects
- Internal downconversion to Mini-DV Tape
- Interfaces include IEEE 1394 and USB 2.0 interfaces (connect directly to a PC or MAC), built-in stereo microphone, two XLR inputs with Phantom power and analog component signal terminals
- Convenient operation functions include a programmable scene file dial with six presets, three user buttons and manual/auto settings for aperture, gain, tracking white balance and focus
- Auto trace white (programmable to several locations), two manual white balance settings (3200K, 5600K), zebra levels, tally lamps and center marker
- Offers full time code functionality (including time code jamming over IEEE 1394 (Firewire) from another device)
- SD Memory card slot for sharing scene files or saving user files
- Remote control offers quick control of settings, start/stop, zoom, focus, auto/manual/iris control, and more
- Lightweight (5.5 lbs), ergonomic design with trigger/zoom control located on upper handle grip for hand-held work
- Comes standard with a 16GB P2 card ($420 retail value) and the Barry Green HVX Book