Nikon CoolPix S70 digital camera, the next generation of touch display…
Whether you’re a gadget guru or simply a compact camera fan, the new COOLPIX range has something for everyone.
The COOLPIX S70 boasts an innovative multi-touch 3.5 inch OLED display, the ability to record HD quality video, and is stylishly designed to make sure that even the most novice photographer can capture quality photographs.
Nikon CoolPix S70 Financed
Nikon Coolpix S70 Key Features
- OLED monitor with Clear Color Display
- Capacitive touch control for more intuitive and smooth operation
- Shooting control includes Touch Shutter and Scene Effect Adjustment
- Playback control includes flipping through images and pinching out/in with two fingers
- Slim, stylish body with dual texture design
- Five advanced image stabilizing features*1 include ISO 6400*2, Lens shift VR image stabilization, Electronic VR image stabilization, Motion Detection, and Best Shot Selector
- 12.1 effective megapixels for high-resolution images
- 5x zoom NIKKOR lens
- Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
- Subject Tracking for automatic tracking
- Easy Auto Mode provides quick, carefree picture-taking in a variety of situations
- Quick Retouch for the best balance of contrast and saturation
- D-Lighting adds detail and optimizes exposure to rescue underexposed images
- USB charging via Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) or PC
Nikon CoolPix S70 Colors
New 3.5-in. Clear Color OLED Display with touch control
The COOLPIX S70 introduces a new 3.5-in., wide-screen OLED Display with approx. 288k-dot resolution. In addition to the immediately recognizable benefits of vivid color reproduction and sharp contrast, OLED technology also improves power efficiency and allows for a thinner camera design. New capacitive touch screen technology ensures sure and immediate response to finger action on the display’s glass surface. Other features include anti-reflection coating and brightness adjustment.
Five advanced image stabilizing features for sharper results
Nikon’s Optical lens shift and Electronic VR image stabilization systems combine to help produce blur-free images. High ISO 6400 capability allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement and camera shake. And, Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
Intelligent automated shooting modes that promote carefree shooting
Nikon’s Easy Auto Mode makes it faster and easier to capture the moment by eliminating the need to manually select a scene mode to match the intended shot. This intelligent function determines the subject, analyzes the surrounding settings, and then automatically selects the appropriate scene mode for optimal results. Subject Tracking enhances the shooting experience by following the subject’s movement to ensure clear focus and quick response when that special shutter opportunity presents itself. Subject Tracking even functions if the subject moves out of the frame for a second or two.
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
Face-priority AF helps produce more satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure for as many as 12 faces in the framed shot. Skin Softening function detects and analyzes a framed subject’s skin, and then adjusts smoothness to produce enhanced results. Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the subject smiles, while Blink Warning presents an alert when it suspects that someone in the shot has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
Nikon S70 CoolPix
- Effective pixels: 12.1 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 12.39 million
- Lens: 5x Zoom-NIKKOR; 5.0-25.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 28-140mm); f/3.9-5.8; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 560mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 30 cm (1 ft.) to infinity (∞), Macro mode: 3 cm (1.2 in.) to infinity (∞)
- Monitor: 3.5-in., approx. 288k-dot, wide-viewing angle OLED monitor with touch screen control and anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 20 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards
- Image size (pixels): 4000 x 3000 (High: 4000/Normal: 4000), 3264 x 2448 (Normal: 3264), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3968 x 2232 (16:9: 3968)
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Combination lens-shift and electronic VR
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200*2, 6400, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800), Fixed range auto (ISO 80-200, 80-400)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied), Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62F (optional), Battery Charger MH-65 (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 200 shots with EN-EL12 battery
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 96.5 x 60.5 x 20 mm (3.8 x 2.4 x 0.8 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 140 g (4.9 oz.) without battery and SD memory card
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR), USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP19, Software Suite CD-ROM
- Optional accessories: AC Adapter EH-62F, Battery Charger MH-65