NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480. Pure adrenaline meets visual bliss…
Next-generation gaming has arrived. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 gives your games an adrenaline shot with the world’s fastest performance and futuristic, visually-stunning graphics. Experience heart-pounding, cinematic visuals on your favorite games with the combined power of DirectX 11, CUDA, and NVIDIA PhysX technologies.
And expand your visual real estate across three HD displays in jaw-dropping stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate in immersive gaming. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480: pure adrenaline meets visual bliss.
Available to finance separately, or as part of a Custom desktop PC.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Graphics Card Overview
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Financed
Incredibly detailed visuals
Incredibly Detailed Visuals
Experience an unprecedented level of detail and realism in the latest games. Tessellation- one of the biggest new features of Microsoft DirectX11- helps developers create more detailed characters and terrain in games, bringing you sharper, crisper images and a more realistic experience. GeForce GTX 400 GPUs deliver up to 8x the tessellation performance compared to competition, bringing your games closer to reality without sacrificing the high frame rates you enjoy.
Stunning Gaming Effects
Stunning Game Effects
Cutting-edge Microsoft DirectX 11 graphics and NVIDIA PhysX technology take gaming to a new level. Witness effects so realistic that you’ll have to remind yourself it’s just a game. Repeat: It’s just a game.
Breakthrough the boundaries of your screen. Games, movies and photos enter a new dimension with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. Thrill seeker? Use two GeForce GTX 480 cards in NVIDIA SLI configuration to project across three displays with NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround1 technology. Warning: May cause screen envy.
Prepare yourself for the future of gaming. GeForce GTX 480 powers interactive raytracing, bringing spectacular, photo-realistic renderings to your screen for the first time. Go ahead, spoil your eyes.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Graphics Card Key Features
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support: DirectX 11 GPU with Shader Model 5.0 support designed for ultra high performance in the new API’s key graphics feature, GPU-accelerated tessellation.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready: Expand your games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate “inside the game” experience with the power of NVIDIA 3D Vision and SLI technologies. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-stereo displays.
- Interactive Ray Tracing: By tracing the path of light through a 3D scene, ray tracing uses the power of the GPU to create spectacular, photo-realistic visuals. Get a glimpse into the future of gaming with ray tracing.
- 3-way NVIDIA SLI Technology: Industry leading 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology offers amazing performance scaling by implementing 3-way AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering) for the world’s premier gaming solution under Windows 7 with solid, state-of-the-art drivers.
- NVIDIA PhysX Technology: Full support for NVIDIA PhysX technology, enabling a totally new class of physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience with GeForce.
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology: CUDA technology unlocks the power of the GPU’s processor cores to accelerate the most demanding tasks such as video transcoding, physics simulation, ray tracing, and more, delivering incredible performance improvements over traditional CPUs.
32x Anti-aliasing Technology: Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 32x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
- NVIDIAPureVideo HD Technology: The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video.
- PCI Express 2.0 Support: Designed for the new PCI Express 2.0 bus architecture offering the highest data transfer speeds for the most bandwidth-hungry games and 3D applications, while maintaining backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards for the broadest support.
- Dual-link DVI Support: Able to drive industry’s largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560×1600 and with support for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
- HDMI 1.3a Support: Fully integrated support for HDMI 1.3a including xvYCC, deep color, and 7.1 digital surround sound.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Graphics Card
GPU Engine Specs
- CUDA Cores: 480
- Graphics Clock (MHz): 700 MHz
- Processor Clock (MHz): 1401 MHz
- Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec): 42
- Memory Clock (MHz): 1848
- Standard Memory Config: 1536 MB GDDR5
- Memory Interface Width: 384-bit
- Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec): 177.4
- NVIDIA SLI-ready: 2-way/3-Way
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready: Yes
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready: Yes
- NVIDIA PureVideo Technology: HD
- NVIDIA PhysX-ready: Yes
- NVIDIA CUDA Technology: Yes
- Microsoft DirectX: 11
- OpenGL: 4.0
- Bus Support: PCI-E 2.0 x 16
- Certified for Windows 7: Yes
- Maximum Digital Resolution: 2560×1600
- Maximum VGA Resolution: 2048×1536
- Standard Display Connectors: Mini HDMI, Two Dual Link DVI
- Multi Monitor: Yes
- HDCP: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- Audio Input for HDMI: Internal
- Height: 4.376 inches (111 mm)
- Length: 10.5 inches (267 mm)
- Width: Dual-slot
Thermal and Power Specs
- Maximum GPU Temperature (in C): 105 C
- Maximum Graphics Card Power (W): 250 W
- Minimum Recommended System Power (W): 600 W
- Supplementary Power Connectors: 6-pin & 8-pin
- High Dynamic-Range Lighting: 128bit
- Unified Architecture: Yes
, Graphics Card